Outlook How to change the number of days email is stored on the server
How to change the number of days your email is kept on the server - Outlook
When you leave messages on your e-mail server, you can choose from several options to delete your messages. You may use this option for several reasons, but typically you want to access your email from multiple locations. We recommend you keep mail on the server for no more than 15-30 days, especially if you have a standard hosting account. If you exceed your storage limit, you might be unable to receive new messages.
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts (for Outlook 2010, go to File > Info > Email Accounts).
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Select your ISP account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, select the Leave a copy of messages on the servercheck box.
Select one of the following options:
- Remove from server after x days E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but remain on the e-mail server for the number of days that you specify. This is the most common setting for people who want to read their messages at work but also download them for permanent storage on their home computer. We recommend that you choose the smallest number of days that suits your needs. The longer you leave messages on your e-mail server, the greater the risk of exceeding your mailbox size quota.
- Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but also remain on the e-mail server indefinitely until you delete the e-mail message in Outlook and empty the Deleted Items folder. Just deleting the message doesn't remove the message from the e-mail server.
- Click OK, and then click Finish.
If you do not select either check box, messages are left on the server indefinitely. You will eventually exceed your mailbox quota. You can also delete mail by using webmail, which can be accessed by going to mail.webshield.net.au/mail and entering your full email address and password. Deleting emails from here will remove them from the server forever, which will free up space for you.
Was dit antwoord nuttig?
Setting Outgoing email to Port 587 TLS Some users have found themselves unable to send emails...
Step 1: Go to system “Settings".Step 2: Go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”. Step 3:...
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2010 This guide will help you configure your...
Spam is defined as: 1. Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large...
How to change roundcube passwordGo to http://mail.webshield.net.au