Windows 8 Mail app - Guide
Email configuration for the Windows 8 Mail app
· This guide will help you configure your webshield email address in Windows 8 Mail app.
The Mail icon
· From your Start screen, tap or click Mail.
· If you're using a mouse, hover over the bottom right corner of the screen to make the Charm Menu appear, then click Settings.
· If you're using a touchscreen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen to make the Charm Menu appear, then click Settings.
· Select Accounts.
Figure 1: Locating 'Accounts' in the menu
· Select Add an account.
Figure 2: 'Add an account' under Accounts
· Select Other Account from the bottom of the list.
Figure 3: Select 'Other Account'
· In the Email address field, type your Webshield email address, e.g., username@Webshield.net.au
· In the Password field, enter your Webshield password, then click Show more details.
Figure 4: Entering your email address and password
· In the Incoming (IMAP) email server field, enter mail.webshield.net.au.
· In the Port field next to Incoming (IMAP) email server, enter 993.
· Tick the Incoming server requires SSL box.
· In the Outgoing (SMTP) email server field, enter mail.webshield.net.au.
- In the Port field next to Outgoing (SMTP) email server, enter 587.
· Tick the Outgoing server requires SSL box.
· Tick the Outgoing server requires authentication box.
· Tick the Use the same username and password to send and receive email box.
· Click Connect to complete setup.
Figure 5: All the required email settings
Congratulations! The Mail app is now configured for use.
If you wish to use POP3 instead of IMAP - refer to POP3 details on our knowledgebase page: https://members.webshield.net.au/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1
If you are still having trouble setting up your webshield email address or would like to clarify some of the steps, pleasecall us on 1300 309 121 – or use a personal free webmail account (e.g. gmail) to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this answer helpful?
Spam is defined as: 1. Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large...
How to change roundcube passwordGo to http://mail.webshield.net.au
cPanel Mail features – A Basic Introduction Index 1, How to log in2, Add, remove & edit...
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2007 This guide will help you configure your...
1) Open Settings from the sidebar 2) Select Add account 3) Enter your email address 4) Select...