Windows 8 Mail app - Guide
Email configuration for the Windows 8 Mail app
· This guide will help you configure your webshield email address in Windows 8 Mail app.
The Mail icon
· From your Start screen, tap or click Mail.
· If you're using a mouse, hover over the bottom right corner of the screen to make the Charm Menu appear, then click Settings.
· If you're using a touchscreen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen to make the Charm Menu appear, then click Settings.
· Select Accounts.
Figure 1: Locating 'Accounts' in the menu
· Select Add an account.
Figure 2: 'Add an account' under Accounts
· Select Other Account from the bottom of the list.
Figure 3: Select 'Other Account'
· In the Email address field, type your Webshield email address, e.g., username@Webshield.net.au
· In the Password field, enter your Webshield password, then click Show more details.
Figure 4: Entering your email address and password
· In the Incoming (IMAP) email server field, enter mail.webshield.net.au.
· In the Port field next to Incoming (IMAP) email server, enter 993.
· Tick the Incoming server requires SSL box.
· In the Outgoing (SMTP) email server field, enter mail.webshield.net.au.
- In the Port field next to Outgoing (SMTP) email server, enter 587.
· Tick the Outgoing server requires SSL box.
· Tick the Outgoing server requires authentication box.
· Tick the Use the same username and password to send and receive email box.
· Click Connect to complete setup.
Figure 5: All the required email settings
Congratulations! The Mail app is now configured for use.
If you wish to use POP3 instead of IMAP - refer to POP3 details on our knowledgebase page: https://members.webshield.net.au/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1
If you are still having trouble setting up your webshield email address or would like to clarify some of the steps, pleasecall us on 1300 309 121 – or use a personal free webmail account (e.g. gmail) to send us an email at email@example.com
Was this answer helpful?
The steps to forward emails as attachments are the same in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and...
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2010 This guide will help you configure your...
cPanel Mail features – A Basic Introduction Index 1, How to log in2, Add, remove & edit...
Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended) Username: firstname.lastname@example.org...
Setting Outgoing email to Port 587 TLS Some users have found themselves unable to send emails...