Microsoft Outlook 2007 - Guide
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2007
This guide will help you configure your webshield email address in Microsoft Outlook 2007
· Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
· NOTE: If this is the first time you have used Outlook 2007, you will be presented with a setup wizard. If so, skip to Step 4.
· Click on Tools in the menu bar, then click Account Settings…
Figure 1: Tools > Account Settings…
· The Account Settings window will open. Click New… at the top-left to open the Add New E-Mail Account wizard.
Figure 2: Account Settings
· Select the checkbox Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click Next
Figure 3: Auto Account Setup
· Select Internet E-mail, then click Next
Figure 4: Choose E-mail service
· In the Your Name field, type your given name or business name - this is how your name appears when people receive email from you.
· In the E-mail Address field, type your Webshield email address, e.g., email@example.com
· For the Account Type, Select POP3.
· In the Incoming mail server field, type mail.webshield.net.au
· In the Outgoing mail server field, type mail.webshield.net.au
· In the User Name field, type your Webshield username - including "@webshield.net.au" on the end of your username.
· In the Password field, type in the corresponding password for your username.
Figure 5: Internet E-mail Settings
· Click the More Settings… button. The Internet E-mail Settings window will open.
· Click the Outgoing Server tab at the top of the window.
Figure 6: General Email Settings
· Click the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
· Ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
Figure 7: Outgoing Server Settings
· Click the Advanced tab at the top of the screen.
· Underneath Incoming server (POP3) check the tick box alongside the option This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
· Underneath Outgoing server (SMTP) set Use the following type of encrypted connection to TSL in the drop down menu.
· Next to Outgoing server (SMTP) change the number from 25 to 587.
· Next to Incoming server (POP3) check the number is 995.
· Under Server Timeouts Increase the server timeout period to around 3 minutes
· Under Delivery Tick the box to “Leave a copy of message on the server”
· Choose to leave a copy for 14 days – (It is optional to increase this – but keeping it low will help keep your mailbox size down.)
· Tick option “Remove from server when deleted from “Deleted Items”
· Click OK to return to the wizard.
Figure 8: Advanced Settings
· Click the Finish button to complete the Add New E-mail Account wizard.
Figure 9: Congratulations!
Congratulations! Microsoft Outlook 2007 is now configured for use with your webshield email address.
If you wish to use IMAP instead of POP3 - refer to IMAP details on our knowledgebase page: https://members.webshield.net.au/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1
If you are still having trouble setting up your webshield email address or would like to clarify some of the steps, pleasecall us on 1300 309 121 – or use a personal free webmail account (e.g. gmail) to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this answer helpful?
Email configuration for Mac Email This guide will help you configure your Webshield email...
Your email address password can be changed by logging on to webmail (roundcube).If your email...
Open up Windows 8 Mail. Point your cursor up to lower right hand corner and start moving it...
What is a .pst file? A .pst file is Microsoft Outlooks file type for storing numbers of emails....
Email configuration for the Windows 8 Mail app · This guide will help you configure...