Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Guide
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2010
This guide will help you configure your webshield email address in Microsoft Outlook 2010
· Open Microsoft Outlook 2010.
· NOTE: If this is the first time you have used Outlook 2010, you will be presented with a setup wizard. if so, skip to Step 5.
· Click on the File tab at the top left of the screen.
Figure 1: The default screen with 'File' at the top left
· The File screen will open. Click on Info in the left column.
· Click the Account Settings button and select Account Settings…
Figure 2: Accessing Account Information
· The Account Settings window will appear. Click the New… button to start the Add New Account wizard.
Figure 3: Accessing the Add New Account wizard
· With “E-mail Account” Radio button selected - Click Next to continue the wizard.
· Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types radio button from the list.
· Click Next to continue the wizard.
Figure 4: Selecting 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types'
· Select Internet E-mail from the list, and click Next.
Figure 5: Selecting 'Internet E-mail'
· In the Your Name field, type your given name or business name - this is how your name appears when people receive email from you.
· In the E-mail Address field, type your Webshield email address, e.g., email@example.com
· For the Account Type, Select POP3.
· In the Incoming mail server field, type mail.webshield.net.au
· In the Outgoing mail server field, type mail.webshield.net.au
· In the User Name field, type your Webshield username including “@webshield.net.au” at the end of your username.
· In the Password field, type in the corresponding password for your username.
Figure 6: General email settings
· Click the More Settings… button. The Internet E-mail Settings window will open.
· Click the Outgoing Server tab at the top of the window.
Figure 7: More Settings
· Click the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
· Ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
Figure 8: Outgoing Server settings
· Click the Advanced tab at the top of the screen.
· Underneath Incoming server (POP3) check the tick box alongside the option This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
· Underneath Outgoing server (SMTP) set Use the following type of encrypted connection to TSL in the drop down menu.
· Next to Outgoing server (SMTP) change the number from 25 to 587.
· Next to Incoming server (POP3) check the number is 995.
· Under Server Timeouts Increase the server timeout period to around 3 minutes
· Under Delivery Tick the box to “Leave a copy of message on the server”
· Choose to leave a copy for 1 day(s) – (It is optional to increase this – but keeping it low will help keep your mailbox size down. THE EMAILS ARE STORED SAFELY ON YOUR OUTLOOK SOFTWARE)
· Tick option “Remove from server when deleted from “Deleted Items”
· Click OK to return to the wizard.
Figure 9: Advanced server settings
· Click Next to complete the wizard. Outlook will begin a test.
· If all your settings are correct, Outlook will advise you that all the tests completed successfully. Click Close to finish the wizard.
Figure 10: Testing your account settings
· Click on the Finish button to complete the Add New Account wizard.
Figure 11: Congratulations
Congratulations! Microsoft Outlook 2010 is now configured for use.
If you wish to use IMAP instead of POP3 - refer to IMAP details on our knowledgebase page: https://members.webshield.net.au/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1
If you are still having trouble setting up your webshield email address or would like to clarify some of the steps, pleasecall us on 1300 309 121 – or use a personal free webmail account (e.g. gmail) to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this answer helpful?
How to change roundcube passwordGo to http://mail.webshield.net.au
Setting Outgoing email to Port 587 TLS Some users have found themselves unable to send emails...
How to change the number of days your email is kept on the server - Outlook When you leave...
Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended) Username: email@example.com...
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2007 This guide will help you configure your...