Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Guide
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2010
This guide will help you configure your webshield email address in Microsoft Outlook 2010
· Open Microsoft Outlook 2010.
· NOTE: If this is the first time you have used Outlook 2010, you will be presented with a setup wizard. if so, skip to Step 5.
· Click on the File tab at the top left of the screen.
Figure 1: The default screen with 'File' at the top left
· The File screen will open. Click on Info in the left column.
· Click the Account Settings button and select Account Settings…
Figure 2: Accessing Account Information
· The Account Settings window will appear. Click the New… button to start the Add New Account wizard.
Figure 3: Accessing the Add New Account wizard
· With “E-mail Account” Radio button selected - Click Next to continue the wizard.
· Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types radio button from the list.
· Click Next to continue the wizard.
Figure 4: Selecting 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types'
· Select Internet E-mail from the list, and click Next.
Figure 5: Selecting 'Internet E-mail'
· In the Your Name field, type your given name or business name - this is how your name appears when people receive email from you.
· In the E-mail Address field, type your Webshield email address, e.g., email@example.com
· For the Account Type, Select POP3.
· In the Incoming mail server field, type mail.webshield.net.au
· In the Outgoing mail server field, type mail.webshield.net.au
· In the User Name field, type your Webshield username including “@webshield.net.au” at the end of your username.
· In the Password field, type in the corresponding password for your username.
Figure 6: General email settings
· Click the More Settings… button. The Internet E-mail Settings window will open.
· Click the Outgoing Server tab at the top of the window.
Figure 7: More Settings
· Click the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
· Ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
Figure 8: Outgoing Server settings
· Click the Advanced tab at the top of the screen.
· Underneath Incoming server (POP3) check the tick box alongside the option This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
· Underneath Outgoing server (SMTP) set Use the following type of encrypted connection to TSL in the drop down menu.
· Next to Outgoing server (SMTP) change the number from 25 to 587.
· Next to Incoming server (POP3) check the number is 995.
· Under Server Timeouts Increase the server timeout period to around 3 minutes
· Under Delivery Tick the box to “Leave a copy of message on the server”
· Choose to leave a copy for 1 day(s) – (It is optional to increase this – but keeping it low will help keep your mailbox size down. THE EMAILS ARE STORED SAFELY ON YOUR OUTLOOK SOFTWARE)
· Tick option “Remove from server when deleted from “Deleted Items”
· Click OK to return to the wizard.
Figure 9: Advanced server settings
· Click Next to complete the wizard. Outlook will begin a test.
· If all your settings are correct, Outlook will advise you that all the tests completed successfully. Click Close to finish the wizard.
Figure 10: Testing your account settings
· Click on the Finish button to complete the Add New Account wizard.
Figure 11: Congratulations
Congratulations! Microsoft Outlook 2010 is now configured for use.
If you wish to use IMAP instead of POP3 - refer to IMAP details on our knowledgebase page: https://members.webshield.net.au/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1
If you are still having trouble setting up your webshield email address or would like to clarify some of the steps, pleasecall us on 1300 309 121 – or use a personal free webmail account (e.g. gmail) to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this answer helpful?
How can I keep the size of an IMAP email inbox down?First you need to see the difference with...
How to change roundcube passwordGo to http://mail.webshield.net.au
Setting Outgoing email to Port 587 TLS Some users have found themselves unable to send emails...
1) Open Settings from the sidebar 2) Select Add account 3) Enter your email address 4)...
Email configuration for Mac Email This guide will help you configure your Webshield email...