Thunderbird Mail Guide
Some users have found themselves unable to send emails due to using old email settings. Here is a basic guide on how to update your email program to the latest secure sending settings.Open up Thunderbird and open the 'Account Settings' options under the 'Tools' menu:
This should open up a window like the one below:
- Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) option
- Choose the email account you are using on the right
- Click on EditNow to change the outgoing port settings to port 587 with TLS security
1) Set the 'Use secure connection' option to 'TLS'2) Set the 'Port' to 587That's it! Now you can press OK and close the windows to store these settings.
- You do not need to change your email account name, password or incoming email settings to change your outgoing settings
- Your outgoing (SMTP) server name is: mail.webshield.net.au
- Your outgoing server port is: 587
- Your security type is: TLS
If you are still having trouble you can email us on email@example.com or call us on 1300 309 121
Was this answer helpful?
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2010 This guide will help you configure your...
How to change roundcube passwordGo to http://mail.webshield.net.au
Secure Email SettingsIn order to use third party email software like Mac Mail, Outlook and...
Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended) Username: firstname.lastname@example.org...
How can I keep the size of an IMAP email inbox down?First you need to see the difference with...